The recommendations that Hunch proposes to you are based on the collective input of all Hunch users. We have forums where people can discuss, suggest, help each other and make friends.
We love you (in an entirely non-creepy way) when you:
- Rate recommendations (by picking a # of stars) that you receive on Hunch. Then the system learns your preferences, and is able to help other people with theirs.
- Leave thoughtful comments about the recommendations that you receive.
- Suggest new and interesting recommendations that other Hunch users are likely to enjoy.
- Use correct spelling and grammar. Delight our inner schoolmarm.
- Help other users
- Engage in fruitful, intelligent, enlightening, entertaining, educational and considerate discussions in the Forums
- Come back every day and find Hunch useful
- Help us get better
- Keep it a safe, happy, PG-13 (tops!) rated world.
Trolls, griefers, spammers and scum beware. We loathe you if you:
- Post profanity or anything pornographic or sexually explicit. If you can't imagine it being on prime time TV, it doesn't belong on Hunch. Nudity isn't allowed in buddy icons or any images posted to Hunch.
- Engage in personal attacks, or long-winded and tedious rants. If you want to bore someone, book a long distance flight and talk to your seatmate.
- Post your own or anyone else's personal information, including email addresses and other contact information
- Spam, advertise or promote commercial entities. Personal suggestions of a specific item in a relevant topic are encouraged, however. ("The Acme x100 digital camera takes better low-light pictures than this one.")
- Post blatantly off-topic or non-sequitur submissions that add no value to the context where they are submitted.
- Promote or endorse graphic or gratuitous violence, illegal activity, or any action designed to inflict intentional harm on anyone.
- Do anything illegal. We will report you to the authorities if you do.
- Use hate speech -- speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Use predatory language, stalking, threats, harassment, or impersonation, or invade other people's privacy.
We're reasonable people. We like to give warnings first when it's appropriate. But if your behavior is beyond the pale, or repeatedly bad, or simply falls into any of the "loathe" categories above, you will be booted without warning, hesitation or remorse.
Some content areas in Hunch contain a small "flag" icon. If you feel the content you're viewing violates any of the principles above, you can flag it and it will be reviewed by us. If the content is found to be in violation of these Community Guidelines it may be removed. Repeat offenders who have posted such content may have their account permanently deleted.
If you find objectionable content in an area without a "flag" icon, please send us a brief email to let us know the nature of the content and where you saw it, and we will investigate. If you have a concern that content is a copyright infringement, see our Copyright Notice.
These Community Guidelines are not intended to be an exhaustive list of what constitutes appropriate user-submitted content or usage of the Hunch site. Additional information can be found in our Terms of Service.
Thanks for contributing to Hunch.